Summer Internship Program
Annual Internship Program Overview
Each summer, Roanoke Electric Co-op offers a limited number of paid summer internships to high school graduates and college students. This program gives students the opportunity to connect with the workforce while increasing their knowledge of on-the-job skills and responsibilities. Students apply each spring and are selected based on relevant background, interests and a demonstrated ability to meet the following requirements:
- a working knowledge of personal computer systems is preferred
- dependability and availability during co-op business hours
- a willingness to develop an interest in and knowledge of the ideals and objectives of the co-op overall and that of team and department to which the intern is assigned
- a desire to learn and cooperate with fellow employees and his/her supervisor
- provide two professional recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org (upon submission of each year's online application form)
Meet Roanoke Electric Co-op 2019 summer intern Caleb Lockamy
Caleb, an engineering student and rising senior at East Carolina University, joined the Roanoke team this summer via a program sponsorship by North Carolina's Electric Cooperatives (NCEMC). Caleb's contributions to furthering the work of the co-op and its member-owners were substantial and greatly appreciated by all. On behalf of the entire team, thank you, Caleb for bringing your skills and to our team this summer, and thank you NCEMC for sponsoring this program!
The 2020 summer internships application period will be announced next spring, when online applications will be available at Careers at Roanoke.