Every year, we take the time to thank our extraordinary lineworkers who dedicate their lives to keeping the lights on in our local communities. Roanoke Electric Cooperative has 14 lineworkers that maintain 2,000+ miles of line in the cooperative’s service territory, and without them, our world would be dark.
Rebates & Incentives
Water Heater Rebate Program
The purpose of the Water Heater Rebate program is to promote the use of energy efficient appliances in the residences of Roanoke Electric member-owners. Rebates are paid for the purchase and installation of a new electric water heaters with at least a 40-gallon tank. Rebate program details are as follows:
- Must be a Roanoke Electric Member-owner
- $75.00 Incentive/Rebate - Replacement of existing water heater
- $150.00 Incentive/Rebate - Installation in a new home construction
- Must complete a water heater rebate application
- Must provide PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT)
- Must provide a copy of warranty and description of water heater
- Must be at least a 40-gallon capacity
- Must have at least a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Must have an Energy Factor of 0.94 Or Greater
- Must be Energy Star Certified
- Approved applications are paid directly to the member-owner
Submit a Water Heater Rebate Application to:
The Roanoke Center
P.O. Box 148
Rich Square, NC 27869
News and Events
Editor's note: This was originally posted by NRECA.
Throughout the 2016 campaign, Donald Trump pledged to review burdensome federal regulations when he became president. On March 28, President Trump took an important step to follow through on that commitment by signing an executive order to promote energy independence. The order also calls for review of the Clean Power Plan.