Hurricane season officially starts June 1. When these storms hit, they have the potential to cause major outages. Now, member-owners can easily receive outage updates with Roanoke Electric Cooperative’s outage text alerts.
Cooperative Leadership Camp
This year, Roanoke Electric Cooperative will sponsor a high school student to attend, free of charge, the 2016 Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp at the North Carolina Future Farmers of America Center at White Lake, NC. Each year 150 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors are selected to attend the camp by the electric cooperatives across the state. Special emphasis in selection of participants is placed on current leadership and leadership potential. Camp dates are Friay, June 19 - Tuersday, June 23, 2017.
Click below to submit your 2017 application!
DEADLINE: May 14, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
The Cooperative Leadership Camp is designed to provide an enjoyable learning experience for students, concentrating on:
- The cooperative way of doing business in a free enterprise society
- Developing leadership skills and qualities in our future community leaders
- Building a better understanding and appreciation for cooperatives
- Recognizing outstanding NC youth possessing leadership qualities
- Be a rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior,
- Be able to attend the entire leadership camp,
- Be willing to participate as well as utilize training following participation in the camp,
- Possess leadership potential,
- All applicants accepted without regard to race, color, religion or gender
Five campers will be selected to receive Leadership Awards for their unique leadership abilities and will receive an expense-paid trip to the National Institute on Co-op Education at Virginia Tech University. All campers attending the full week of camp will also be eligible to apply for the $1,000 Jim Graham Cooperative Leadership College Scholarship their senior year of High School!
For more information, email email@example.com or call 252-209-2236.
News and Events
Roanoke Electric Cooperative will be hosting the quarterly Roanoke Chowan Partners for Progress (RCPP2) meeting on Friday, June 9. Curtis Wynn, the co-op's president and CEO, will be giving an update on the co-op's efforts to provide broadband access through Roanoke Connect.